Yes, this blog is 4 years old! I’ve never celebrated a blogiversary before, but this is a pretty big milestone. It’s amazing and yet totally crazy to think that I’ve been posting snippets of my life and beauty obsessions on this platform for such a long time.
This is a long post, I apologize! But there’s a lot to say!
I think I’ve changed and learned a lot over the past 4 years. And yet, this blog is the one consistent thing that has remained. It’s my creative outlet, journal and fun. When I started this blog, I was in a totally different place in my life. I really was a different person. My voice, my aesthetic, my confidence have grown in these 4 years, and I think my blog has definitely benefited from my personal growth. When I started this journey, honestly, I was feeling pretty confused. I felt alone, I was lost. I was constantly letting myself down, I felt like I kept making mistakes and wanted to create somewhere where only happy things lived and somewhere I could meet people with similar interests.
When this all began, blogging wasn’t what it is now. I didn’t know people made careers out of blogging, I didn’t know I could get sent products for free to review or asked to attend events. I just knew I had to give myself somewhere to talk about anything at all. It really did start that way, as an outlet. And that’s exactly how it remains today. It’s never been about numbers, followers, stuff or money. It still isn’t. I’m sure a lot of you think that’s absurd, because blogging takes so much time and effort, but I do it because I genuinely love the process. From discovering products to talking to new people and product photography, I love every moment of blogging.
I remember being afraid when I first started. I thought What if I fail? What if people find out? What if I make a mistake? And I still feel that way, every day. But recently, I made a commitment to myself to preserve. I actually have started posting consistently on my YouTube channel. I made that account over 3 years ago, with the dreams of one day getting up the courage to post. I’m afraid to admit that I’ve filmed dozens of videos over the years and immediately deleted the footage. My voice sounded weird, I was awkward, my skin was too bad, no one would want to watch me. Even though I still think these things, I worry that one day I will look back and regret not trying. I already regret waiting as long as I have.
So yes, 4 years is a weird milestone to celebrate, but there is so much to be happy about! I’ve grown so much in 4 years, and I’m happy I have a space to look back on and see that change. I want to keep growing, there’s so much I want to learn in terms of makeup techniques, web design and video editing. I can’t wait to keep learning, growing and using this platform as a space to do that. I’m excited, curious and don’t know where this will take me. And I love that part of the journey!
Whether you’ve been here all 4 years or have just discovered this blog, I really want to thank you! I know I’ve never been the best at blogging, but I love it regardless. With all that being said, I have made a commitment to myself to take this platform more seriously. I’ve been making a lot of effort over the last 6 months to create content I’m proud of! I’ve even started posting consistently on my YouTube channel and am having tons of fun with that platform.
Thank You Giveaway
To celebrate I have been collecting some of my current favourites giveaway! This is my way of saying THANK YOU! I’ve purchased all of these items in the hopes that one of you falls in love with them the same way I have. I’ve decided to make this giveaway open internationally! So ANYONE can win this bundle.
The giveaway includes ALL of these items:
- Kat Von D Hello Canada Set – includes mini Everlasting Lipstick in Double Dare, mini Tattoo Liner in Trooper, mini Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita and vegan leather makeup bag (review on the set here)
- Pacifica Beauty Enlighten Eye Brightening Shadow Palette
- Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Mittens
- Essence The False Lashes Mascara – Dramatic Volume Unlimited
- Essence Rock ‘N’ Doll Duo Stylist Eyeliner
- Beauty Spatula
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask Samples
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- This giveaway is open internationally!
- One winner will be awarded the prize pack. No items can be substituted and there is no cash value.
- All entries will be double checked, and the winner will be drawn randomly.
- The contest ends on April 30th. No entries may be submitted after that date.
- The winner will be contacted by email on May 5th and will have 48 hours to respond. Another winner will be chosen at random in the event there is no follow up email from the winner.